Aumuca Bird Perch
Colorful bird perch stand platform
Kathson Natural Bird Wood Perch
ROLLMOSS 4Pieces Bird Perch Stand
QUMY Two Pack Parrot Bird Stand
JW Pet Comfy Perch For Birds
ISbaby Bird parrot swing toys
Birds usually fly or sit. But birds like a cockatiel do not fly more. They tend to perch more than having a flight. For birds like cockatiels who need to perch whether they are resting, sleeping, or eating. We need to choose the best perches for cockatiels. It is important to provide a variety of perches in their cage itself. Scientists say that a bird’s feet need exercise on daily basis. This keeps their bones strong and healthy. So if you will provide perches of different widths to the birds their feet will exercise well while adjusting on different perches. Also, you must keep in mind the selection of sizes for perches. The width of the perch must be a minimum of four inches. This is so because if you will choose a perch of the least width the feet of the bird will clash and this could lead to a severe injury. So choose the best size perch for cockatiel accordingly.
- 1 Best perches for cockatiels -Buying Guide
- 2 Best Product Description and Reviews
- 3 FAQ’s
Best perches for cockatiels -Buying Guide
There are many types of perches available in the market. You must choose them according to the feet and nature of your bird. Also, you must provide a variety of perches to cockatiels for relaxation and easy living. Wild birds find different branches of the trees and exercise their feet themselves. But, if you own a bird you have to do it for them. There are perches available which are wooden, swing, rope, plain, etc. If your birdcage is big enough for setting up multiple perches without getting it crowded. You must keep a perch of each variety. This will help your bird’s feet to become more flexible. So, you must choose a variety of perches while selecting the best perches for cockatiels.
Factors to look for while selecting best perches for cockatiels
You must look for the following factors while selecting the best perches for cockatiels.
- Size Consideration: do not rush and choose any perch for your bird. Keep in consideration the size of your bird’s feet and then choose a perch accordingly. So you must keep in mind the width of the perch and bird’s feet while selecting the best size perch for cockatiel. The width of the perch should be more than four inches. So that the feet of the cockatiel fit well on the perch and do not clash leading to a foot injury.
- Dimensions of the cage: before selecting the best perches for cockatiels make sure that your birdcage is big enough. For example, if you have a small cage then putting a lot of perches in it will make the cage messy and your birds will not get proper space for living. So your cage must be at least 24 inches in dimensions. If your birdcage is big enough, you can install three perches easily in it. Without making the cage contested. So this point should be kept in mind.
- Texture and material: to provide a variety to your cockatiel in perches. Make sure you choose perches of different sizes, shapes, materials, and textures. This is so because the birds need perches of different dimensions for the better exercise of their feet and bones. Selecting a variety of Perches for your birds will make them gain good health and strong muscles. Also, the texture and material of the perch must be soft so that it could not cause any harm to the bird’s feet. So choose wisely.
- Avoid colored perches: it is recommended to buy non-colored perches for your birds. This is so because birds feed on perches and the color containing toxic materials in it can go inside the body of birds. This is not good for the health of birds. Also, if you want to buy a colorful perch for your birds make sure the color must not contain any toxic material or chemicals. Another option is you can color the perch yourself with organic color. Organic colors don’t have any toxic content and are not harmful if consumed. So keep in mind this point too.
Best Product Description and Reviews
This bird perch comes in three pieces. Namely, a bird perch stand and two rope perches. These perches are budget-friendly and good for small birds like cockatiels, love birds, finches, macaws, etc.
- Flexible rope can be bent easily into different shapes.
- Keep your birds in a stable happy mode.
- Come up with free installation.
- The material is pure wood and it is safe.
- Made up of non-toxic materials and do not cause harm if chewed.
This amazing plane bird perch stand comes up with different features. It is available in a variety of colors. It is fit for love birds, cockatiels, and parrots.
- Provide a large sleeping space.
- Made up of pure wood.
- It is made up of non-toxic colors.
- Can be installed easily.
- Come up with two stainless steel gaskets.
This amazing wooden perch from kathson looks like an original wild branch. These wooden perches come up in eight pieces. The height and width of the perches are perfect for cockatiels.
- Made up of natural ash wood.
- Can be installed easily on any cage.
- Each perch is fitted with two high-quality gaskets.
- Automatically trims the nails of the birds.
- Suitable for all kinds of small birds including cockatiels, macaws, finches, and love birds.
This amazing bird perches package comes up with two pieces of branch perches and two pieces of wood perches. The weight of the item is 6.7 ouches.
- Made up of pure wood.
- Easy installation.
- Fit for all kinds of small birds.
- Non-slip design.
- Non-toxic materials.
This amazing two-pack bird stand comes up with different features and it is not harmful to birds.
- Made up of natural materials.
- Can be installed easily.
- Fit for small birds and parrots.
- Does not contain toxic materials.
- Free from paint.
This perch can be molded in the shape of your choice and can be used in small cages too.
- The perch is multicolored.
- Completely flexible.
- Kind of rope perch.
- Can be molded in different shapes.
- Easy to install.
This is an amazing set of multiple swing toys for your small birds. This provides enjoyment and a happy environment to birds.
- Come up with hangings.
- It has certain swing hammocks.
- Multiple toys.
- Made up of pure wood.
- Non-toxic material.
Do cockatiels sleep on perches?
Yes, cockatiels are birds that fly less and perch more. They eat, sleep, eat and play on perches only. Cockatiels tend to spend most of their time on perches. So you must keep certain things in mind while selecting the best perches for cockatiels.
What are the best perches for cockatiels?
Certain factors make the perches best for cockatiels. The best perches for cockatiels are good in size and free from any toxic materials. The perches must be made up of natural materials and must not cause any harm to the birds. Rope and swing perches are also termed as the best perches for cockatiels.
How many perches should a cockatiel have?
Cockatiels need a variety of perches for the proper exercise of their feet. So you must choose at least three perches of different shapes, sizes, and textures for your cockatiels. Make sure the perches are not the same and they do not make the cage congested for the birds.
Also, check out The 7 Best Cat Food For Ferrets to know more.