As pet parents we know, how important it is to maintain the hygiene of our pets. One of the major parts of cat hygiene routine includes clipping their nails. Not only does trimming your cat’s nails every few weeks protect your cat but also your family, furniture, and curtains. Earlier, we had to visit a groomer or vet for getting our nails trimmed; however, nowadays, there are various best cat nail clippers available in the market that will save your regular visit to a groomer or a vet.
There is always a danger that a cat may break her nail in some physical activity or during any other playful act which can result in our cat being in a very vulnerable situation such as limping or any other deformity. So, being a good and alert cat parent, you need to always keep a best cat nail clipper near you and trim your cat claws at a frequent interval.
- 1 Best Cat Nail Clipper – Buying Guide
- 2 Best Cat Nail Clippers Reviews
- 2.1 BOSHEL Cat Nail Clippers and Trimmer
- 2.2 Epica Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper
- 2.3 Electric Nail Grinder by Hertzko
- 2.4 Gonnic Pets Nail Clipper and Trimmer
- 2.5 Pet Republique Cat Nail Clipper
- 2.6 Shinny Pet Nail Clipper- Best Cat Nail Clipper ForBeginner
- 2.7 SHU UFANRO Pet Nail Grinder Electric
- 2.8 Dremel 7300-PT 4.8V Cordless Pet Nail Grooming–Best Cat Nail Clippers Wirecutter
- 3 FAQs
Best Cat Nail Clipper – Buying Guide
There are different types of nail cat clippers available in the market; however, there are some factors that you should keep in your mind before purchasing a cat nail clipper so that the experience is good for you and your pet.
Factors To Look For While Buying A Best Cat Nail Clipper
- Easy to use– Always pick a clipper that you find easy to use. If you purchase a clipper that you are uncomfortable using; then the nail clipping experience of your cat will also be not great. She might even hide in a corner during a nail clipping season. Many brands provide cat nail clippers with a soft lining on the handle which makes them comfortable to use.
- The size of your hand– Always consider your hand size before buying a nail clipper. They should neither be too large or too small for your hands as they may become uncomfortable to use.
- Sharp Blade- Ensure that the cat nail clipper you are using has a sharp blade otherwise, it would be tough for you to trim your cat’s nails which in turn may irritate the cat. Moreover, a nail clipper with a dull blade can result in splinter or rough edges.
- Invest in the quality– Buy the best quality cat nail clipper. It should be durable so that it can last long and should also be safe for your cats. You can always look for a nail clipper whose blade is made of stainless steel.
Although there is numerous nail clipper available in the market, always makes sure that you pick a best safe cat nail clippers. Although there are dog and cat nail clippers the same; however, you have to make a wise decision as per your cat
Best Cat Nail Clippers Reviews
Boshel Cat Nail Clippers and Trimmers are some of the best cat nail clippers available in the market. It is recommended by the professional. It is easy to use and gives a quick trimming session to your cat. It is covered under 2 years warranty. It is the best type of cat nail clippers.
- Recommended by pet groomers, trainers, and vets.
- The trimmer is ergonomically designed.
- The blades are sharp and made of stainless steel for clean and even cuts.
- The blades are angled in a semi-circle shape so that you have clear vision while trimming your cat’s nails and don’t touch any sensitive zone.
- Non-slip and easy-grip handles.
Epica’s best professional pet nail clipper offers an easy and safe nail trimming experience with your cat. One of the best features of this cat nail clipper is that it has locks, that keep the nail clipper in a safety mode when not used. It also offers a lifetime warranty. It is the best cat nail clippers with a safety guard.
- Semi-circular blades so that you can see clearly while you are trimming your pet nails.
- High-grade sharp stainless-steel blade that doesn’t dull, bend or rust with time.
- You can squeeze the clipper tight to lock them into a safety mode
- Handles are coated with non-slip rubber.
- Lifetime warranty on the product.
Electric nail grinder by Hertzko offers a techy way to clip your cat’s nails. It is efficient and safer than a nail clipper as it lowers the risk of clipping the nail of your cat too small and hurting them in the process. It is also designed for low vibration and noise so that it doesn’t irritate your pet. It is the best type of cat nail clippers.
- The stone over the grinder can be easily removed and clean.
- It is chargeable and comes with a USB wire.
- It has three size opening for small and medium pets.
- The motor of the grinder creates low noise and vibration.
- It requires AAA batteries.
Gonnic pets nail clipper and trimmer is a great option for a household with kids running around. It is one of the best professional cat nail clippers available in the market and comes with a locking arrangement. It is a best cat nail clippers with a safety guard
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Non-slip and soft handles
- It comes with a hidden free nail filer stored in the handle that you can use to sharpen your cat’s claws.
- It has a safety stoppage that lowers the risk of trimming your cat’s nails too short.
- It has a locking arrangement that prevents the children from getting hurt from it.
Pet Republique Cat Nail Clipper is one of the best professional cat clippers. It has a 4-year warranty and comes back with 90 days money-back guarantee. It is specially designed for a small breed such as a cat. It also comes with an instruction on the back of the pack on how to trim your cat nails. They also donate 15% of their profit to the American Animal Rescue Society.
- It is made of strong and sharp stainless steel.
- Its inbuilt spring and non-slip handles offer a fast and effortless trimming.
- During the process of manufacturing, the nail clipper is quality controlled.
- It has an improved ergonomic handle.
- It offers précised cuts for a small breed
Shinny pet nail clipper comes with a manual that makes it different from all the other cat nail clippers available in the market. All you need is to just scan the QR code available on the backside of the package and you will receive a full guide on how to cut your cat’s nail for the first time. It is one of the best cat nail clippers for beginners.
- It comes with a lifetime money-back guarantee.
- It is fitted with a sharp blade made out of a high grade of stainless steel.
- The handle has a rubber finished coating for an easy and comfortable grip.
- The windowed opening and the semi-circular design of the blade keeps the nail visible.
- It has an ergonomic green handle.
SHU UFANRO Pet Nail Grinder Electric is a specially designed electronic nail grinder that makes the nail clipping session easy for both you and your pet. Its USB charging cable is designed in such a way that it can be conveniently charged from anywhere including a power bank, car, and laptop. It is one of the best quality cat nail clippers.
- It has 3 size port for trimming any size of nails of your pet without any pain or inconvenience to them.
- It comes with a grinding wheel that resists abrasion and can be used for pet manicure
- Its handle has a silicone grip for comfortable use.
- It is chargeable and comes with a USB wire.
- Easy to clean
Dremel 7300-PT 4.8 V Cordless Pet Nail grooming offers an easy, effective and safe way to cut your cat’s claw. Its two rotation speed features allow you to grind the claws of your cat in two stages. It is a lightweight rotatory tool and also the best cat nail clippers wirecutter
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- It comes with a 3-hour battery charge.
- It is made of high-density plastic.
- It makes use of a sanding drum of 60-grit to trim the nail of your pet in a manner that is comfortable and pain-free
- It offers you full control even at high speed.
What type of nail clippers are best for cats?
There are various kinds of nail clippers available for the cats such as human fingernail clippers, scissor cut clippers, and guillotine clippers. Human fingernail clippers and guillotine clippers are some of the easiest clippers to be used on cats. If the nail of your cat is long and in the end curls in a circle then, a scissor cut clipper is the best option.
What is the best way to trim a cat’s claw?
First, make your cat comfortable, then squeeze her toe between your forefinger and thumb to expose her claws. At the base of the nail, there is a pink stripe known as quick. You need to trim your cat’s nails within the 2 mm of the quick. If you cut the quick, then the cat will bleed and she may shrink and run away.
Close your hand around the clipper to squeeze the handle so that the cutting blade could move. Place the clipper perpendicular to the cat’s claw and cut to trim the nail. You can also file the trimmed nail to make it smooth. Always remember to cut the dewclaw, which is a nail growing on the inner side of the foot as it may grow into the foot later. Dewclaw should always be cut from top to bottom.
How often should I clip cat’s nails?
You should always clip your cat’s nails within a period of 10 to 14 days so that they not overgrow and hurt the cat in the process.
What is the best cat nail clippers with a guard?
The best cat nail clipper with guard are those which comes as with lock. This lock comes into operation when you squeeze the clipper after the application. They are the best safe cat nail clippers.
Is there a difference between cat and dog nail clippers?
Most of the dog and cat nail clippers can be used interchangeably. However, the scissor-type of clippers works better on the cat’s claws. But, most are dog and cat nail clippers the same.
If you own a cat you should really check out How Can a Cat Get Fleas? to know more.